Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What would you clify my politics as?

I've been in this stupid argument with friends about what my politics are. I say I'm independent, one of my friends says I'm moderate liberal, one of them says she'd call me liberal to populist, and the other says I'm libertarian to liberal. I know this is a really self-centered question but whatever. I believe that abortion is wrong and should be only performed under very limited cirstances. I believe that gays and transuals should have completely equal rights under the law. I believe their should be carbon caps, an increase in research on alternative fuels, a tax on oil, tax breaks for people who buy cars with good miles per gallons and tax penalties on people who drive gas guzzlers. I believe in taxing the upper cl more and taxing everyone else less. I believe in no connection between the housing tax and funding for schools. I believe in higher penalties for police who commit acts of brutality. I believe that there should not be a lot of regulation on the market. I believe that all races are equal. I believe in slowly shifting government aid such as welfare to private charity organizations. I am against affirmative action. I am against prayer in public schools. I am for legalizing the use and selling of marijuana and regulating it. I believe in decreasing the penalties for drunk driving, since the current ones are just ridiculous. I believe in legalizing and regulating prostitution. I believe that using drugs at a school should not be an expellable offense. I believe in religious tolerance. I believe that women should be equal to men. I believe some other stuff but I'm not gonna bother typing it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment